Work Package 9 – Concerted market surveillance action for product group “Water Heaters & Storage Tanks”
Work Package Leader: Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate, The Netherlands
Work Package Coordinator: PROSAFE
Scope and Objectives
This work package is dedicated to a market surveillance action for Water heaters and storage tanks. The action is based on the EU regulation for Water heaters and storage tanks (EU)814/2013 on eco-design and (EU)812/2013 on energy labelling and the EU regulation for labelling of energy-related products on the internet (EU)518/2014.
The products covered can be classified as follows:
- Water heaters using fossil fuels;
- Electric water heaters;
- Heat pump Water heaters;
- Heat pump Water heaters with fuel driven combustion unit;
- Storage water heaters;
- Hot Water Storage Tanks;
- Solar Water Heaters.
The central objectives of the Work Package are:
- Assessment and use of screening methods to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of market surveillance actions;
- Checking whether the product model has been registered in the EU energy labelling product registration database EPREL and if the necessary documents are uploaded;
- Checking product compliance based on document inspection;
- Checking product compliance based on product testing;
- Checking compliance for online labelling (dealers’ obligation);
- Checking the presence of mandatory product information on manufacturers web page;
- Feedback and recommendations from experiences with document inspection and product testing to support the further development of standards and legislation.
- Identification of circumvention issues;
- Impact assessment for the action.
- Setting the focus of the action;
- Product screening to enhance the efficiency of the action;
- Document inspection;
- Inspection of online labels and product information stored in the EPREL database;
- Product testing;
- Enforcement measures;
- Impact assessment;
- Digest of issues from inspection and testing.
10 Market Surveillance Authorities and 2 other organisations from the following 10 countries: Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, Ireland, Latvia, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Sweden. Please note that Portugal withdrew from this Work Package as of 31.07.2021.